SENEGAL SOFTWARE WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: December 7, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Senegal Software (“our,” “we”) collects, uses, and shares personal information via its website, online services, and mobile application which post this notice (collectively, our “Services”). Our Services offer a suite of products for employers, prospective employers, and staffing companies to onboard and manage employees and contractors. This Notice applies to information provided, transmitted, or submitted through our Services, and it also describes the choices we offer with respect to such data.
We collect information you choose to give us and other information that may be automatically collected from your use of our Services, including from your device. We use that information to operate our business, and for a variety of other purposes set forth below.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices. We are not responsible for third parties’ privacy practices. You should refer to these third parties to better understand their privacy practices. If you are an individual who has interacted with one of our business customers through our Services, you should contact that customer directly regarding their privacy practices and to exercise data rights regarding their use of your information.
Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including when your employer, prospective employer, or staffing agency enrolls in our Services or when you visit our website.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information directly from you. The information we collect on or through our Services may include information that you provide directly to use through interacting with our Services, including your first and last name, email address, company name, and office phone number. Additionally, we may collect information from the use of our Service by employers, prospective employers, or staffing agencies, including your date of birth, lifting capacity, job history, photo ID, and other information needed to provide our Services to you.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our website and other Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our website and other Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, emails from us that you open, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our website and other Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide you, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our website and other Services. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites, including to provide advertising or other targeted content or to understand our website and other Services’ audience.
We may also collect location data from your device when you use our mobile application to monitor when you arrive and leave your work location. This information is collected on behalf of and shared with our business customers to provide our Services to them.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our website or Services. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information we collect from third party sources. We may collect additional information from third-parties. These third parties may provide us information both in connection with our Services and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use our Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information. For example, we may exchange information with our customers’ accounting or payroll services to help provide our Services to them.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following (which includes activity on behalf of our business clients):
- To provide our Services to our business customers.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure, and improve our Services, which includes generating internal reports about the use of our Services.
- To send transactional communications, including requests for information, responses to requests for information, and other Service updates.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you and our customers, including about products updates and offerings that we think they may be interested in.
- For account management, finance, dispute resolution, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- For internal business reasons, including internal audits or investigations, company research, insurance purposes.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, others, and ourselves.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our Services, content, and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may share information about you:
- With our business customers if your information is collected through our Services on their behalf.
- With vendors and service providers, including our website host and payment processors.
- At the direction of our customers with third parties not on our platform.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect the interests, property, or legal rights of you, ourselves, or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our legal terms, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- With your direction or consent.
What Choices Do I Have?
Update personal information. If you are an employer or staffing firm, you may log in to your account and update certain information that you have provided to us. If you are an individual who uses our Services in connection with one of our business customers, please contact such employer, prospective employer, or staffing agency directly to change account information under their control.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing information from us. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out. In some instances, communications may be sent through our platform on behalf of our business customers – you should contact them or refer to the message to exercise communication preferences with them.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Senegal Software, please contact us at email@example.com.